
I am re-committing myself to maintaining inner peace throughout my crazy days. This photo is my inspiration. The peace of a sleeping toddler and kitten. They are both so soft, so easy to kiss and cuddle, and so different from their rambunctious wakeful selves. Family life is a lot like that. The rambunctious exterior needs to be grounded by a peaceful interior. The interior life of the family is the relationships between the individuals. John and I work at having time with each of out children, and eachother. A simple shopping trip can become mother/daughter time for the girl I invite along. A trip to the dentist for one child becomes a field trip including a picnic lunch and buying summer sneakers. Helping Dad clean the yard becomes father/son communion. And so it goes. Grasping the chances we get to build up the communal inner peace.
But today I'm working on my individual inner peace. Acknowledging that I need a strong center to meet the needs of these beautiful children with grace and love. I am pushed to my limit sometimes, but look forward to the chances I'm given to build that peace in order to love.

No comments:
Post a Comment